Monday, June 8, 2009

wet, squishy fun

The girls were playing with our 5 year old next-door neighbor (what shall we call her?) when I went to go get them so they could get ready for bed.
We were running home because it was starting to rain when I realized that it wasn't just going to rain. There was going to be a torrential downpour. You know the kind where buckets & cats & dogs fall from the sky and everyone is immediate soaked straight through in under 3 seconds?
AND it was 70 °, which means it was the perfect recipe.


I came to a complete & sudden stop right inside the door as I realized what the situation was perfect for. Then I turned around & looked at them and said "Maybe we Shouldn't go in yet"
"But we'll get all wet!" S said looking serious and very concerned.
"I know!" I said with a mischievous grin, at which point little R joined in by jumping up and down singing a chorus of "play in the rain, play in the rain!"
We ran down the walk to the driveway and were soaked before we got to the end. Puddles had started to form in about 4 minutes, albeit little ones. We actually had to wait about 7 for a good, solid, puddle-stomping puddle to make itself available.

After about 2 puddles a few of the neighbors joined in too :-D

Put bedtime off for 1/2 an hour though, because we couldn't stop giggling... :-D

Good times!

I soooooo want this to be what they remember from their childhood and not all the times when I have done something 'wrong'... Here's hoping, you know?

No comments: