Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

My husband (J) is still sleeping. This is not a surprising fact given that it is both 7:00 am on a Sunday and he is capable of sleeping until at least 2 every single day of the year. Seriously.
For now, the fact that the house is quiet & I get a moment's peace is nice. The wild craziness will start soon enough. Probably as soon as I step into the shower. The shower seems to have a siren song stronger even than a game of solitaire. You remember that old joke about solitaire, don't' you?

How do you get off a deserted island? Deal a game of solitaire - w/i 5 minutes somebody will come along to tell you exactly what to do with that card...

That's the way the shower in my house works, too. Step into a nice,warm shower in an empty house & before I am even wet a little person will peak their nose around the curtain & need something.
Today is Mother's Day, though. And I was hoping to take a shower before breakfast w/ my mother-in-law. Actually, I desperately MUST take a shower. My hair is matted in 100 different directions, my teeth are fuzzy & I am smelly. Shower = required.

:::

Does anyone want to hazard a guess as to whether or not I will get a present today? I am willing to bet money on the 'Not'. J's standard line is "Why should I get you a present? You are not my mom." This position, BTW, does NOT earn him any brownie points.

No comments: